Was confused at first but after watching the tutorial WOAH. This is REAALLLY good. You've saved me so much time in future projects. Fantastic work man.
Slope Generator Toolbar
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Hello and welcome to my second toolbar / dialog script for Aseprite! The idea for this slope generator was inspired by MortMort's Youtube Video on his tile set workflow. While watching I had the thought that it could be really handy to automate this tedious process. So here we are!
Before we even get in to it... Thank you! Thanks to everyone that has checked out the project over the past little bit. This is still very much a learning process for myself and I really appreciate all the feedback and love that I have been receiving. Seems like a lot of you guys are quite excited for this!
First things first let me get this out of the way, the script is free to download and you can skip the pay what you want option. This script has taken me quite some time to figure out and if you'd like to give a little something for my work and efforts and can afford it it would be very much appreciated! Again option is there and can be skipped very easily at the top of the box when downloading!
Key Features Currently Supported:
- Toolbar can be minimized to save work space area when not in use.
- Selection of tiles in any position on the grid used for top and fill tiles.
- Quick setup button that will copy a bunch of your tiles quickly to a separate layer. Ready to be worked on. Should be non-destructible.
- Allows resizing of grid by selection ( Limited to square tiles for this one toolbar ).
- Undo grid resize can be pressed if you want to revert to last / original grid size.
- Creates a slope from a single layer (top and bottom of tile on the same layer)
- Generation will adjust the steepness of the slope based on your selection.
- Left and right downward slopes can easily be created.
- Help & Info panel built in to the toolbar to give reminders of how to use.
- Multiple points of error checking. If something goes wrong it should warn you.
Future Features Planed:
- Creating a slope from a multi-layer set up. (Such as grass being on a separate layer on top of the dirt layer.)
- Curved Slopes: Different styles of quickly generated slopes.
- Upside Down Slopes (Left and Right)
- Multiple frame sloping / animated slopes.
- Plus More :)
Please comment with any suggestions for new features or feedback you may have. I would really like to make this the best it can be!
Also would love to see any content you've created with this tool.
Hopefully you guys will find it as helpful as I have and I will continue to update this as we see fit!
How To Install and Run Toolbar:
- Download the [CC] Slope Generator.lua file.
- Open Aseprite
- File->Scripts->Open Scripts Folder
- Copy [CC] Slope Generator.lua in to this folder
- Restart Aseprite
- File->Scripts->[CC] Slope Generator
How to use:
1.If your grid size differs from your single tile size, select your tile and press the button labeled [Set Grid From Selection].
2.If you don't have enough free tiles on your sheet press [Expand Sheet]
3.Select your top tile and press [Select Top Tile]
4.Select your fill tile and press [Select Fill Tile]
5.Click [Gen Setup]. This will create a copy of your tiles on a new workable layer.
6.Select ONLY the top (grass part) of your tile or tiles that you would like to slope. (Press M for rectangle selection tool)
7.De-select any fill (dirt) pixels (Alt+Shift to remove from your current selection)
8.Click [Gen Slope [Left]] or [Gen Slope [Right]] to create the slope.
9.(Optional)You can repeat this with the other side of the copied tiles.
10.Select all tiles you would like to keep and press [Move To Tileset]. (Shift+Double click to add each tile to your selection)
11.Select and move your new tiles to an empty space on your original tile set.
12.Click [Reset Canvas Size] to reset your canvas size back to what it was before.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Slope Generator v1.2.0 Now Available For Windows / MacOS / Linux!31 days ago
- [CC] Slope Generator Update 1.1.1 Small Crash Fix!Jan 01, 2020
- [CC] Slope Generator Update 1.0.1Dec 17, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.