i was unable to use the slope generator since the folder is missing a lua file don't know what's going on here
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Hello and welcome to my second toolbar / dialog script for Aseprite! The idea for this slope generator was inspired by MortMort's Youtube Video on his tile set workflow. While watching I had the thought that it could be really handy to automate this tedious process. So here we are!
Before we even get in to it... Thank you! Thanks to everyone that has checked out the project over the past little bit. This is still very much a learning process for myself and I really appreciate all the feedback and love that I have been receiving. Seems like a lot of you guys are quite excited for this!
First things first let me get this out of the way, the script is free to download and you can skip the pay what you want option. This script has taken me quite some time to figure out and if you'd like to give a little something for my work and efforts and can afford it it would be very much appreciated! Again option is there and can be skipped very easily at the top of the box when downloading!
Key Features Currently Supported:
- Toolbar can be minimized to save work space area when not in use.
- Selection of tiles in any position on the grid used for top and fill tiles.
- Quick setup button that will copy a bunch of your tiles quickly to a separate layer. Ready to be worked on. Should be non-destructible.
- Allows resizing of grid by selection ( Limited to square tiles for this one toolbar ).
- Undo grid resize can be pressed if you want to revert to last / original grid size.
- Creates a slope from a single layer (top and bottom of tile on the same layer)
- Generation will adjust the steepness of the slope based on your selection.
- Left and right downward slopes can easily be created.
- Help & Info panel built in to the toolbar to give reminders of how to use.
- Multiple points of error checking. If something goes wrong it should warn you.
Future Features Planed:
- Creating a slope from a multi-layer set up. (Such as grass being on a separate layer on top of the dirt layer.)
- Curved Slopes: Different styles of quickly generated slopes.
- Upside Down Slopes (Left and Right)
- Multiple frame sloping / animated slopes.
- Plus More :)
Please comment with any suggestions for new features or feedback you may have. I would really like to make this the best it can be!
Also would love to see any content you've created with this tool.
Hopefully you guys will find it as helpful as I have and I will continue to update this as we see fit!
I'd love to see what your using this tool bar to work on! Use #CarbsTools on Twitter to share!
How To Install and Run Toolbar:
- Download the [CC] Slope Generator.lua file.
- Open Aseprite
- File->Scripts->Open Scripts Folder
- Copy [CC] Slope Generator.lua in to this folder
- Restart Aseprite
- File->Scripts->[CC] Slope Generator
How to use:
1.If your grid size differs from your single tile size, select your tile and press the button labeled [Set Grid From Selection].
2.If you don't have enough free tiles on your sheet press [Expand Sheet]
3.Select your top tile and press [Select Top Tile]
4.Select your fill tile and press [Select Fill Tile]
5.Click [Gen Setup]. This will create a copy of your tiles on a new workable layer.
6.Select ONLY the top (grass part) of your tile or tiles that you would like to slope. (Press M for rectangle selection tool)
7.De-select any fill (dirt) pixels (Alt+Shift to remove from your current selection)
8.Click [Gen Slope [Left]] or [Gen Slope [Right]] to create the slope.
9.(Optional)You can repeat this with the other side of the copied tiles.
10.Select all tiles you would like to keep and press [Move To Tileset]. (Shift+Double click to add each tile to your selection)
11.Select and move your new tiles to an empty space on your original tile set.
12.Click [Reset Canvas Size] to reset your canvas size back to what it was before.
--Simple Usage License / Rights--
By using the script included with this file you understand that you are using it ASIS with no guarantees.
Though the script / toolbar is not intended to cause any harm, you understand that any such harm, such as lost of work, time or any other issues financial or otherwise, CarbsCode can not be held responsible. Always save your work regularly!
Please use at your own risk! If you change any of the script that may cause issues support may or may not be available. CarbsCode reserves the right to revise this license as needed.
Use this script as a toolbar to assist in Aseprite for personal and professional use.
Learn from the code within.
Make changes as you see fit for your use-case. However support may not be available for modified scripts so do so at your own risk.
Re-sell, transfer or distribute entire script or parts of this script that are unique and / or not featured on the Aseprite API website.
CarbsCode does not support NFTs and though he frowns upon the use of his tools for such works he understands that he can't stop users from doing so.
Though he asks kindly to please don't :)
Please report any bugs if you find some and Carbs will try and resolve as soon as possible!
Hope you all enjoy the tool! Please feel free to reach out or leave a comment if you have any issues or feedback!
❤ Thank you all for the amazing support ❤
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Slope Generator v1.2.0 Now Available For Windows / MacOS / Linux!Jul 05, 2020
- [CC] Slope Generator Update 1.1.1 Small Crash Fix!Jan 01, 2020
- [CC] Slope Generator Update 1.0.1Dec 17, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Very strange! Which file did you download? I belive they are all lua files for each of the operating systems. Just need to place it in your scripts folder to use :)
the cc slope generator tool bar or cc slope generator 1.2.0 can't seem to see the lua
Hmm let's see, which version of aseprite are you using?
Does it have the option under File>Scripts>Open Scripts Folder?
How are you trying to open the tool?
Trying to think of what has gone wrong here 🤔
aspriet version 1.2.33-x64 and yes it does have the drop down menu of open script but tried it couple of time no lua file
Okay so you have downloaded the lua file from here?
And copied it to the scripts folder?
And it's not showing up in aseprite or it's not in the scripts folder at all?
I just double checked and all downloads here should have a lua file first one is for windows specifically.
Sorry for any confusion!
wow, i cant even think about any thing like this, keep up making new project like this, and thanks for saved me very much time.
Was confused at first but after watching the tutorial WOAH. This is REAALLLY good. You've saved me so much time in future projects. Fantastic work man.
Time to put this to the test! been looking forward to it
Dope script! Keep up the good work!